Friday, March 04, 2005

Wind Chill Wind ChillWind Chill

I realize this Blog may be taking on a slight weatheristic feel but that can't be helped. Let me explain....

I walked outside this morning to repair the rear view mirror that fell off my windshield last night on the way to band practice. Why did the mirror fall off the windshield? I have no idea. It's never happened to me before. Has it happened to you? Probably not. It's not really the kind of normal wear and tear that occurs on your average mini van. There I am, driving down 4th Ave and I go to look in the rear view mirror (as I am wont to do when changing lanes) and low and behold, it ain't there. It's on the floor. How the hell did it get there? Was it so cold during the Monday night blizzard that the mirror just said "Screw this, I'm out of here?" I don't know, but there it was laying on the floor and I nearly got clipped by some idiot in a yellow Hummer (how I feel about idioits in Hummers is a whole other blog topic).
Anyway.... I digress.

So I go outside this mornig to put the mirror back on my windshield only to find that the weatherman has done it again. I specifically checked the weather before going outside to ensure that I was dressed appropriately. The weatherman was very clear, thirty six degrees, no mention of wind chill. Great! I think to myself, I'll just put on my sweat shirt and go out and take care of business. WRONG!!!!!!!!! It was freakin' freezing out. Why was this? It was freezing because there was an 800mph wind chill. No mention of the wind chill by the genius on the radio. I could have killed him. A friend of mine once suggested that each time a weatherman gets it wrong, they should have a finger cut off. There should be a tiny little Guillotine on the desk. Maybe this would make them think about being a little more accurate when reporting the local weather. (I can dream ....)

Ultimately, it was too cold for my sweatshirt and it was his fault. I think he owes me some sort of an appology. Perhaps a nice fruit basket.
This is New York City .... Like that would ever happen.

No comments: