Monday, July 24, 2006

Production Update

So it's been a while but we are now T minus 4 weeks in counting before we begin principal photography on my next feature film. I have been pretty silent about this one for a number of reasons, however as we are almost completely cast and crewed up I think it is safe to talk about this one as there is very little chance of this one falling apart.

As some of you may know and many of you may not know, in my spare time (basically when I am not yelling at some agent or begging for financing) I participate in a couple of hobbies. One in which I put on armor and hit my close friends with a rattan great sword. The other hobby is One where I dress up in Red Pantaloons and a fez and recreate obscure battles from the late part of the 19th Century in the US.

Yes I am a member of the SCA and a Civil War reenactor.

There I have said it.

I am also a student of history and an amateur Civil War Historian. The group I belong to, the "5th NY Volunteer infantry Duryee's Zouaves" was one of the finest regiments that fought in the war. My friend Brian Pohanka who died last year (see blog installment June 18, 2005) finished the regimental history about the 5th a month or so before he passed away. The movie we are about to make is based on his book and with any luck the book will be published at the same time the movie is released.

This is the largest movie I have ever made. Over 70 actors and a crew of close to 40. It's huge. However I have great people working with me and for me and I think we are going to have one hell of a final product when all is said and done,

I am going to try yet a again to keep a production journal and I will post interesting or funny things that happen during the shoot.

Ok, I have procrastinated long enough.... back to work.

1 comment:

Allena said...

So this movie has a personal meaning for you because of Brian! That's great.
I look forward to his book and your movie!

The Civil War group sounds fascinating. How did you become interested in it? How often so you get to dress up and recreate?

And most important: why aren't there any photos of you here in the red pantaloons????? I want to see!