Thursday, July 28, 2005

AQT - PRODUCTION DIARY #2

Tuesday, July 26,
3 days to go…
Still not sure when or even if J is going to get over here for this but I am beginning to really want him here. Just to keep the boat going steady in one direction. But, there’s still time.

We had our tech scout yesterday. This is when the whole crew (in this case 4 of us) go to each location and discuss all of the technical aspects of the shoot. Where the camera will go, are there any potential sound issues, truck access etc… Everything went fine.

I just finished a two hour session with my actress who is playing Danielle. She has great instincts and understood what I wanted without me actually having to tell her. She showed up having already figured out who the character really was down deep and is already in a place that I need her to be when we shoot her first scene on Saturday. Though I am not surprised, as she was one of the two actresses that knocked it out of the park at their audition. I expect big things from her.

Rehearsal tomorrow night will be my best gauge for whether or not my actors will be off book for their scenes this weekend. I actually have very little to worry about, except for one of them, who I do have some doubts about his/her ability to be off book (actually I am not alone in this fear, both my AD and Prod. Manager have the same fear). But only time will tell and I may yet be pleasantly surprised.

Everything else seems to be on schedule. There is a chance of rain on Friday, but there’s not a whole lot we can do about that. It’s just scattered showers so we may have to shoot between the rain. This is what Guerrilla film is all about.


Thursday, July 28,
1 day to go….
Last night’s rehearsal was great. We got a lot of good work done and my concerns about certain actors not being off book have been layed to rest. I think we are going to be fine. We have a number of scenes that we are hoping to shoot if the day goes as planned (As I think it will) and if by chance it rains (though it doesn’t look like it right now) we are covered as all of my actors are available and we will be ale to shoot another scene at my house and we will be able to light it to look like a sunny morning.

Everything seems to be falling into place. Still no word from J (did I mention how much I hate the French?) I think he is supposed to be back tomorrow, but I really wish he would check his e-mail today.

Well, once more into the breach dear friends…..

No comments: