Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Catching Up

it's been a while since I updated my blog, and though I am sure no one is reading it anymore, I will indulge myself and update the populace on the what's new in the world of Charlie.

1. I just finished a short film that I think is the best work I have done to date. It's a great little story and the rough cut made my mom cry so I think we are on to something here. I am pretty sure she wasn't crying because I don't have a real job, as she has so many times in the past.

This little film called "The Price of Art" starred Louis Zorich, a well known character actor in Theatre and Film. You would probably know him best as BURT BUCHMAN, Paul's father on Mad About You, however he has a resume that would make your knees buckle. He agreed to do our little film and the end result was unbelievable. Then to add just another layer on the cake Tom Paxton, one of the Godfathers of folk Music, read the script (our sound designer is good friends with him and gave him the script to read) and wrote the score for the movie without us asking. That was a first for me. The end result is that this little film has turned into something very special.

2. My new daughter is now 4 months old and doing very well. She has mentioned to the four year old that she wants to direct.
The four year old, also appeared in the latest project, again giving a star performance as she played peek-a-boo with Louis,

3. We are gearing up for our next feature film, the largest one yet, which (hopefully) will go into production in the winter of 2008. We already have some great stuff happening with that as well.

4. The renovation on the house continues at a snails pace. I figure it will give me something to do in my old age.

5. And last but not least, it's time for the yearly tradition of heading off to Western Pennsylvania to put on armor, hit my closest friends as hard as I can with whatever I have handy and to drink lots of Mead. Yes, PENNSIC 36 is at hand.
http://www.pennsic.net/
Two weeks of rest, relaxation and colorful costumes, pavillions, welts and bruises.

6. Ok one more thing that makes me smile ... The NY Mets are still in First place in the NL East.

2 comments:

BeanMachine said...

Wow, it's been awhile since you wrote too.
I started a new one. Check it out if you like.
Critical Darling

BeanMachine said...

Wow, it's been awhile since you wrote too. I have a new one going now. Check it out if you like: superfluosaurus.blogspot.com
Hope all is well.

Critical Darling